P & P No: 2.4
To release the full potential of the individuals within Arahunga which may involve:
- Assisting good leaders become better leaders
- Assisting good teachers become better teachers
- Focusing the professional work, learning and development of team members on student achievement
- Ensuring that there are opportunities for critical reflection on improving practice
- Ensuring there is support for staff learning
- To guide the improvement of the learning and achievement of students
- Continued personal learning, upskilling and networking
- The principal’s appraisal should be carried out by an outside Appraiser, chosen in consultation with the principal.
- This appraisal should in addition contain a questionnaire of the appraisal process. This is where, as part of the process, a number of people who are in a range of different professional relationships to the principal are asked for their input within the process with a particular focus on the Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees.
- Kiwi Leadership for Principals: Principals as Education Leaders should be incorporated in to the appraisal process.
- The principal’s appraisal will usually be related to the goals set within the appropriate time period’s Development Plan.
- It should be acknowledged in the process that the size and scope of Arahunga’s operations are such that individuals may not be directly managed by the Principal themselves.
Review schedule: Within 3 years